Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Skylar's 14th Birthday Party!

My pinyata masterpiece
The birthday boy and his twin.
Grampa Clair as the pinyata operator.
Spencer and his magic hit
Get the Candy!!
What as left of Skylar's pinyata head
All my candy treasures :-)
"Happy Birthday to You!"
It's his future

I cannot believe that my youngest brother is 14! I was just about 15 when he was born, now that is crazy to me. When Skylar was a baby he was more to me than a brother. I took him everywhere with me after I got my drivers license and I can't count how many times that me and him would be in public and people would ask me how old my son was! My family always celebrates birthdays so as usual we had our family party. Its been a new tradition this year that we have a pinyata and that we make it look like the person whose birthday it was. When it got closer to Sky's birthday he made sure to call my husband and remind us to make the pinyata. This was like a week before the party and I figured I had plenty of time to think of something. Well, day before party day and I had not ever started making it. So me and Dave got one going in a hurry. I was trying to think of a good way to make it look like Sky but I had no ideas. So as the day went on I was starting to get worried that I would not have it done in time and that it would look nothing like him. Then dawned on me that the one characteristic of not only Skylar but my dad and other brothers is that you rarely, rarely see them without a baseball hat on. So I tried to think of a good way that I could put a baseball hat on Skylar. I figured out that the easiest way would be spray paint. So I sprayed the top of the pinyata blue like a hat. I made a brim for it and a big "T" for our favorite team Timpanogos. Then I thought that instead of making the rest of it flesh color I decided to paint it like a baseball. So I made it in time for the party and everyone loved it. It turned out really good and we had fun breaking it open and gathering up the 450 pieces of candy I had put inside. Skylar also got some really great gifts also. My grandparents got his this adorable nut cracker that was a little old grampa in a baseball outfit. It was so dang cute so we told Skylar that was what he would look like in 70 years. He made a haul in the money department $40.00 which I guess is pry the best present. Me and Dave gave him a baseball book and some "jungle talk" as grama Sally says (cologne). I think that he had a really great birthday!

No comments: