Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Kids

Annie
Gizmo
Toby
Bruce


Yes my kids are dogs :-) For those of you who know me, you know that I'm a sucker for the animals. Ever since I was a kid I have loved animals. My dad and mom tell me that I'm just like my grandma Maxine. I was so happy that my parents and now my husband let me have animals. Along with my 4 dogs I have 3 cats and a dwarf hamster named Wolverine. So yes there is a story to how I got them all...

When me and my husband first started dated and knew things were serious I asked for a puppy and I got a yes. So we went to the animal shelter and looked and we found 2 dogs that were brothers and they looked just alike. I fell in love with not one but both :-) So I begged Dave "Can I please have them? Please, please, please? He said yes but unfortunately one was already spoken for so the other one we took and named Toby. He is the man of our house. Its so funny how much dogs are just like children. Each with their own little personality. Toby is our alarm system. He barks so to sound the alarm that someone is at the door, someone is walking by our house and extra siren when another dog is anywhere is sight. He is a good boy and we love him!!

Right after me and Dave got married my mom called me one day and said that a lady she worked with had a little dog that she could not keep anymore. She lived in a condo and was rarely home. I asked Dave if we could just go look at her? Ya right she was coming home with me. So we went over and we fell in love immediately. Annie was so cute and really shy. We brought her home and so Queen Annie started her reign in Reeseland. Annie loves to get a cut, color, wash and blow dry! She even sits in my salon chair. Annie LOVES ice cream! She's a junkie. She also likes to eat onions, celery and cheeze wiz.  She is my baby.

Then Bruce came along. My brother had a friend who couldn't keep Bruce and he called me. Yet again my husband said yes I could have him. I told my brother and he said he would let me know when I could go and pick him up. A few days went by and I never heard from his friend and I was getting antsy. My brother then called and said that his friend had decided to give it to their uncle. I was so sad :-( Well a week went past and my birthday came and my bro calls and askes if he could bring me a birthday gift. So he comes over and he has Bruce with a big bow around his neck. He had lied to me cause he wanted to surprise me for my birthday. It was a good surprise I had no idea. Bruce is very nervous and twitchy all the time. He is a cuddler but doesn't care much to be petted. He is Toby's shadow  and what Toby does Bruce is doing not far behind.

And then there was Gizmo. We got Giz from a girl Dave works with that could  not keep him either. She asked Dave if we wanted him and this time he was asking me if we could have him. So a few days went by and she dropped him off. Gizmo is a "special" little guy! He is severely ADD and so he is always on the go. He loves our hamster Wolverine and always wants him rolling around in his ball so he can play with him. He also enjoys barking at the dogs on the dog food bag sometimes they are 20 minute sessions. He is an amazing fetch tho. He has a basket of toys that he loves for me and Dave to throw so he can go get it and he always brings it back.

My husband does not like cats so I was pretty surprised all the times he has let me have them. My first cat is Cali that I got before me and Dave were married so she was just part of the package. Then I begged Dave for another kitty and got one from our mail lady. She ended up having a litter of 5 kittens. The mom ended up abandoning them when they were about 5 weeks old so I had to bottle feed them and then cereal feed them for another 2-3 weeks. Then one of them died and I was so sad. I gave one to my friends little girl and kept the other 3 for about a year. One ended up running away but the last 2 I still have and they are big boys. At one time they both weighed 13 pounds each and they are identical twins.

And Wolverine joined us about 3 weeks ago. He is so cute so I had to have him. I got him the day that the Wolverine movie came out so that's how he got his name. 

I ask my husband all the time "Can I please have a new kitty?" "Can I please have a new puppy?" But I think I'm maxed out cause the answer has been NO! :-)


No comments: