Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, May 24, 2009

All About Dave

Dave and his BFF Bones
Dave out for a mountain bike ride
Mr. Handsome
Having fun riding
King ski bum

This is my husband Dave. He is brilliant, talented and by far the most handsome man I ever saw! I met Dave when I worked at Heritage School. I was a secretary for the maintenance department and he was working as a nurse there. For months I didn't even know his name I just saw him around when I took some of the kids to the nursing department. Everyday that I saw him I would report to my friend Carrie that I had seen my boyfriend today! I called him that for about 2 months before I even knew his name. Things in my life at that time were not happy and when I finally did meet Dave our situations were pretty similar. Both of our first marriages were not good and we had alot in common. We became fast friends and once we both had survived divorces we got closer. I worked during the day from like 8-5 and Dave worked afternoons from 3-midnight. We would write emails back and forth and started doing scavenger hunts for each other. I would hide a candy or treat somewhere on campus and then would send him clues to find it when he was at work and he would do the same for me when I was working. We had so much fun and it just added a little excitement to our work days. Pretty soon we were dating and it was no secret. We dated each other for about 2 1/2 years before marriage was a hot topic for me but not so much him. When we got divorced both of us were pretty set on NEVER getting married again! But as time went by I knew that my life would not be complete unless he was my husband. I would  bring the subject up now and again and the answer was always  no. I always told myself that he just needed time and eventually he would come around....wrong! So after 2 1/2 years I didn't want to be a girlfriend forever and so I told him we need to get married or we need to move on. My heart was crushed when he said move on. So I moved home with my parents and tried to pick up the pieces. We didn't talk for a month or so and I could not get over him. I wanted so desperately to be with him and knew that he was who I was supposed to be with for the rest of my life. I decided that the only way for me to get past this was to move away so I packed my bags, bought a plane ticket and moved to England to try and start over. I missed Dave so much and my mind was never away from his memory. I had been over there for a bit when my birthday came around and I spoke with Dave. I wanted to come home. I wanted nothing more than for us to be together but I was so afraid that if I came home that our relationship would go back to the way it was. I had already made such a huge leap to try and move on. My physical body was in England but my heart was in Utah with Dave. So we talked and he told me if I came home we could get married and do whatever I wanted. So I booked a flight home for the next day. I cried and cried and cried hoping I was making the right choice to come home. The guy who sat next to me all the way from London to New York probably thought I was insane! I got to New York and had a 8 hour layover and the whole time I was a mess. I was worried and scared but so happy all at the same time. I was coming home and Dave would be waiting for me. I finally made it back to Salt Lake City and sure enough Dave was waiting at the airport. The next day Dave took me to pick out a ring and that night he asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES! Immediately we started planning a wedding for a month from then. I knew that I had made the right choice coming home when it was Dave asking me what I wanted to do for a wedding and telling me that whatever I wanted he would make it happen. We bought invites, got addresses and started prep within just a few days. One week later after coming home we decided to go on a weekend vacation to Vegas with 2 of Dave's friends. No plans in mind other than to party in Vegas. As we were driving down we both looked at each other and said let's get married in Vegas!! I called my mom and said we are getting married in Vegas instead and without hesitation she said have fun and call me when you get home. So we got to Vegas and called a few wedding chapels and found The Chapel of the Bells. Booked a ceremony for that evening and went shopping for some wedding attire. Later that night our limo arrived and took us to the courthouse where we got our marriage license, to the chapel where we got married and then to party on the town! We went to dinner and to a club and had the best night of my life. Our friend John  that was with us was Dave's best man and Steve was my maid of honor(he was stunning! :-). That night John put us up in a beautiful suite at Mandalay Bay and so we were married!!! 

Its amazing when you find something or someone that your life is ment to be with and is right under your nose but that it takes the right time and the right place to make it all fit together. My husband Dave is my everything. He is the reason that my life is complete. I love him more than I ever imagined love was possible. I miss him when I'm not with him, I hug and kiss him constantly and there is not a chance that I don't take to tell him that I love him. 

A little about Dave...he is all about adventure, danger and living life to its absolute fullest. He is a Registered Nurse at the State Mental Hospital and has a special gift for what he does. He is patient and kind with a positive outlook on life that is contagious. Dave loves the outdoors and spends every moment he can exploring the world we live in. He is an amazing skiier and savors the winter months. He races motorcycles both in the desert and motocross tracks. He and his buddy Bones just won 1st place in a team race that was 100 miles across the desert last weekend. Our garage and basement is beyond full of trophies he has won not only in motorcycles but triathalons and swimming. He is required to look me in the eye and promise that he will be safe, ride smart and come back to me before he ever races. In the warmer months is when the mountain bikes come out. His favorite ride is from our house in Orem up the canyon to Deer Creek, swim across the lake and ride home (about 30-40 miles round trip) on daily basis. I always tell him, "Your nuts but have fun!" Dave has the ability to open my mind and eyes to things that I would never have viewed before. Movies, music and food. But most important to life. We are not religious but instead very spiritual. Dave is the only person that I can share my heart, mind and soul with. He is the only person that knows me best. So here's to you Dave. I love you!

No comments: