Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Gardens

My Gardens
My radishes, pea pods and squash.
Growing Growing Growing
First 2 radishes I pulled

My Garden
I planted 2 little gardens this spring all from seeds and man it was hard work. For those who work in the yard or do gardens you will know that the first yard work day after winter is pretty extreme. Weeds, weeds and more weeds! My yard was unsightly this spring. I have a spot on the north side of my yard that I have planted gardens in before and have just put down new dirt and gone to town. This year I decided to go major and use the dirt already on the ground...not that easy. I got digging and pulling weeds out and there was a whole sheet of ground cloth down. So I had to cut and pull this all out before I even began. 4 days later I had blisters on my hands, my feet hurt worse than standing on them all day to cut hair in steletto heels and I felt like there was no end in sight.  Finally I got it all ready and planted my gardens. Everything that I have grown I have planted from seeds including my tomatoes, which makes it feel all the more rewarding. Before I knew it I had cute little starts poking through the ground and I was so excited. Everyday I would go out to water and drag my husband out to look at my garden growing even if he couldn't tell how MUCH they had grown from the previous day, I could. He tells me how proud he is of me which means the world to me to hear. Everyone that comes over I take them out to admire my little garden. I'm so proud of it! It's been about 1 1/2 months since I planted and I have already pulled out radishes. My squash and peas are growing great but nothing yet. I  have 2 little tomato plants and about 5-6 cantalope plants also in growing mode. I have also been very dedicated to the lawn being mowed and weed whacked (I love to weed whack!!) Pulling weeds that never end and giving drinks of water. I always notice what people's passions are. Everything from art to being organized and I have never found something that my heart longs to do until I started working in my yard and gardening. What an amazing experience. It seems so like...well work and it is, hard work but its so full filling to me. I feel so at peace when I'm outside. I forget about my troubles and worries, I forget about my stress and just let my mind be free. My husband came back from a bike ride one afternoon and I was out in the yard. I asked him how his ride was. He said it was great and told me about all the things that he thought about. He then asked me how my yard work was coming along and I told him about my progress. He asked me what I think about when I'm out there and I told him the truth...nothing. I think about nothing. Its a wonderful place to be...FREE!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

i'm STOKED you have a blog!! i'm a bit of a blogging freak these days... you look fantastic! hope you're doing well!

Chesley said...

I can't help myself either! Blogging is so much fun! Thanks and you look great yourself!! Did you have your baby yet? Let me know I would love to see the baby. I am doing well, things are good. Hope all is well for you and your family :-) Stay in touch Im on Facebook as well. So glad to hear from you!