Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

4th of July Fun!

Me and my best pal Leona at the Parade
4th of July family picture...some of us were not cooperating.
Grama Sally, Grampa Clair, Lilly and Jacob at the Parade
My cousin Syd and her daughter Lilly.

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday, yes even over Christmas! I love the 4th. It is such an exciting day and there is so much fun to be had. Me and Leona headed down to the parade to meet up with some of my family. Syd camped over night to save us a good spot...Good job Syd! I have never missed a 4th of July parade my whole life, not once. My Grampa Clair would camp out to save spots for our family every year and we always had so much fun. Most years when I was a kid I was in the parade. I clogged on a team and we always got to perform each year. We always have a party at Grama and Grampa's house after and pig out on Grama's delicious food. Leona and I went down to the Freedom Festival after the parade and picked up our 4th of July treasures at all the little shops down there. There were so many people out that you could barely even walk but that is what makes it so fun is to see everyone out having a good time and the patriotic feeling that is in the air. I am so proud to be an American and that I have the freedom to enjoy these times. My sweet husband had to work on the 4th so we had a quick family photo before he jetted to work. The 4th is also a very special time for me and my husband because we got engaged on the 4th at the Stadium of Fire fireworks and 5 days later on the 9th we got married in Las Vegas. We just celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary! I love the fireworks, the food, the friends and family but most of all to be able to reflect on what it means to be an American! I love being an American because I am free to be me.

No comments: