Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, July 27, 2009

Henry's Lake Vacation 2009

The Reese's live here!
The Reese Cabin on Henry's Lake
Reese's Relaxin'...it's true!

It was that time of year again that both me and Dave wait patiently to come around...time to go to the cabin! Dave's parents own an incredibly beautiful cabin right on Henry's Lake in Idaho and every summer we get to go relax in the mountains. We got all packed and hit the road and as exciting as it was to go we had a hard time leaving our boys behind. Only spoiled rotten Annie got to go with us this time. We got to do so many wonderful things and see so many wonderful things. The cabin is a place of peace where you can forget your worries and clear your mind. My favorite part of our trips to the cabin is going into West Yellowstone but for us who have been there even at least once it is just West. West is this amazing little town right at the west entrance to Yellowstone. They have all kinds of stores to shop and restaurants and the Playmill. My favorite store of all is this book store called The Book Peddler and I spent hours in there and came out with many treasures. We ate a our favorite restaurant called Pete's Pizza and also got to go see the play Footloose at the Playmill. My father-in-law has a boat there and Dave and I and Annie went for a boat ride and got caught in a rain storm but it was so fun. For those that know me, know that I love to play cards with my mother-in-law. We play a game called Hand & Foot and when she lives down here in the winter time we play together once a week never fail. She has a group of ladies that she plays cards with at the cabin 3 times a week and they have a blast! So I went to card day with her once to another lady's home and then she hosted on the second day we played. It is so much fun and I really enjoy her company and also her adorable friends. We had our own games through the week as well. Dave taught me how to carve wood also and we made walking sticks. Before we started Dave said, "Now be careful with the knife, its sharp and I don't want you to cut yourself!" Not more than an hour later I had sure enough cut my finger. I guess I didn't listen and should have cause the knife was sharp indeed! I love the cabin for many reasons, the beautiful scenery, the fresh air, the stars and sky that go on forever but most I love spending time with my sweet husband and my 2nd set of parents. I love their company and their hospitality that they have shown me in their home.

No comments: