Standalone player Get Ringtones

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm not just a beautician, but a dog grooming magician!

The pile of hair after 4 little doggies got haircuts!
Gizmo getting beautified.
Gizmo

If people think it's expensive to get their hair done, 4 dog haircuts at the hairdresser is off the charts! My Aunt Julie invested in a set of shears to cut her dog's hair and since each one of my dogs haircuts at the groomer is around $50.00 I decided it might be easier to just do it myself. So I borrowed her clippers awhile ago and started giving my dogs haircuts at home. It might be cheaper but let me say that it is NOT easier! Sometimes I have to do only one dog per day because it takes me so long. It is so worth the time though and I always have so much fun giving them haircuts. I can't say the same for them that haircut day is fun but they always seem to feel so much better after its all over. For those who know me, know that my little Annie is spoiled rotten so she still gets the special treatment to go to the beauty parlor to get her hair done but the boys they get a special treat of their own and that's a mommy's haircut. Bruce HATES the clippers and he puts up a big fight when it's his turn. So, most of the time he ends up with a lawn mower haircut...you know like he got the haircut from the lawn mower. Toby, he tolerates it but gets a little impatient towards the end. His hair is really easy to cut and usually takes the least amount of time. Gizmo sleeps through his whole haircut, no joke. He lays down and goes right to sleep most of the time so his is a breeze for me to do. I know that they know that when they are done they are the most handsome boys there ever was! And when Annie comes home from the beauty parlor, watch out the queen is in town!

No comments: